Sunday, November 16, 2008

Thankful #9

Andy says he is thankful for his church calling.  He teaches 10 year-old kids at church.  He loves teaching the stories from the scriptures and he likes working with the other Men and Women.  He has been teaching kids for three years now and loves it.  Just looking at Annika's face tonight would give you a clue what she is grateful for.  She had a chocolate ring all around her lips from eating chocolate chip cookies.  Annika helped Daddy make them tonight.  I can't think of a better dessert -- warm cookies with a glass of milk.  hmmmm.  Gavin is thankful for his toys.  At church, I take practically a full bag of toys to keep him occupied.  He loves to bang them, eat them, throw them, eat them, push them, eat them.  I think his favorite is the monkey that jiggles when you pull the string.  The feet are very tasty to eat.  But, it's a toss up with his socks.  He loves pulling on his socks and eating them too.  As for me, today I am thankful for talking on the phone.  Okay, if you know me I hate the phone.  I can never find my cell phone rig because I always misplace it.  The reason why I say I am thankful for the phone is because I got to talk to my Mom, Grandma, Aunt, and Andy's Grandma.  These are all special women in my life and love to hear how they are doing and give the kids' updates.  I also love hearing Annika talk on the phone with her Grandma.  She is so excited to see her at Christmas and make pink star cookies.  In Annika's mind, everything is yummy if it's pink... That gives me an idea ... Is there a way to color vegetables pink?

1 comment:

  1. And grandma loves talking to Annika and her mommy and daddy too. You may not be able to make the veggies pink...but what about making the 'dip' pink and give her raw veggies. I didn't have to color the dip, but that is the only way we could get Dave to eat his veggies...and I think you also enjoyed the raw ones with dip.

    ReplyDelete