Friday, November 14, 2008

Thankful #7

There are many things I am thankful for today, but I can't list them all. Here are my top three: 1. Listening to two children laugh hysterically in the back seat of the car. I love that sound. Annika was shaking a cup with ice in it and for some reason it got Gavin's tickle bone. He laughed so hard, which in turn made Annika and I laugh too. Actually, come to think of it, Annika is the only one who can really make Gavin laugh REALLY hard. 2. Friends who surprised me for my Birthday (early) and took me out to dinner. I thought we were going out as a family, but when Andy opened the garage door, there were my friends yelling, "Surprise!!!" -- singing and taking me away. More friends were waiting at the Olive Garden. I had a great time -- good friends to laugh with, good food to eat, and no kids to put to bed. Thank you! 3. For a wonderful husband who was very excited for me tonight and took BOTH kids to Chuck E. Cheese's. Yes, by himself. That's a chore after having a long day at work and then being in a confined space with screaming kids. Don't forget the baby feedings, potty breaks, games, etc. (yes, he had the formula this time). So, I guess you can tell from past postings, family and friends are two things that really mean a lot to me. Andy's eyes are closed and he's practically asleep right now. He mumbled that he is thankful that I could go out with friends tonight and the kids were good. I forgot to ask Annika but I KNOW she would say Chuck E. Cheese's is what she is grateful for. Gavin is thankful for blankets so he can play peek-a-boo with mommy while waiting in lines at the mall ... and Chuck-E-Cheeses.

No comments:

Post a Comment