Monday, November 17, 2008

Thankful #10

I am thankful that I am able to keep up with these posts.  It's fun to contemplate my day and write a little blurb of gratitude.  What I am really grateful for is the help from my family.  Andy has been really trying to make it home by 5:30 p.m. every night and I really do appreciate it.  It's nice to have him home a little earlier and the kids can spend more time with him too.  He came home tonight and Annika was very excited to have a picnic on the floor in the family room.  I didn't help her at all -- she got towels out, cups filled with water (I was a little nervous), and chairs.  She had designated places for each of us.  She even helped make dinner and thanked me for doing a good job.  After dinner, Andy put the kids in the bath while I cleaned up the toy room.  We tucked the kids into bed and now Andy is cleaning the dishes while I work on laundry and type this blog post.  I am very lucky to have such great helpers.  
I asked Annika what she is grateful for and she mumbled a lot of different things, some are repetitious  -- Gavin, a house to play at, books to read with mom, and Christmas milk (a little eggnog with milk, which was her treat tonight).  Gavin is thankful for bath time.  He really was enjoying kicking and splashing in the tub.  He even forced Annika out of the tub early because she couldn't stand the big splashes.  I think he is getting even from this morning when she wasn't being nice to him.  As for Andy, he says he is thankful for "living in Western Washington.  Even with the rain, it's a beautiful place to live."  Ditto... but, wish not so much rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment