Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thankful #15

Tonight I (Andy) am thankful for two things:  First of all, Annika decided she wanted to try feeding her little brother at dinner time.  So I pulled up a chair for her, showed her how much to put on the spoon, and she was off and running!  Not only is she doing a great job, but she's saying encouraging things to Gavin while feeding him:  "You're doing so good"  "Gavin do you know what eggnog is?  Can you say eggnog?  Good job!".  I tried to get videotape of the scene but of course the battery is dead!  I'm also grateful for Marylyn, she's been working hard on Christmas presents, and its taking a lot of patience, which I don't have.  So good thing she's here, otherwise if it were just up to me, all my Christmas gifts would be canned ham.  Marylyn is (no- Will Be) grateful to get the Christmas projects completed!  Annika is thankful for a certain song from my cd collection she likes to hear over and over again.  Its a jazzy / saxophony instrumental called "Plena for my Grundle" by Garage a Trois.  The first time she heard it, her imagination must have really taken hold, because she started playing a movie in her mind, along with the music:  "And now here comes Cinderella, she's chasing the wolf with a rope!  She's running faster!  Now she's slowing down!"  Whenever she wants to hear it, she asks for the "Cinderella and the wolf" song.  Gavin's not in a very good mood right now, due to teething issues, so I'll say he's grateful for sucking on apple chunks through the teething bag, which occasionally distracts him from his crying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment