Monday, November 24, 2008

Thankful #17... more

Marylyn asked me what I'm grateful for today, so she could write down on the blog. I started by asking her to write how thankful I am for my sweet loving beautiful entertaining successful creative strong sincere spiritual fun-loving wonderful wife Marylyn. She said "I'm not going to write that!" So its up to me!
If you know her well, you know she doesn't understand how great she really is. If you try to give her a compliment she just won't hear of it. Which is probably for the best- if she truly understood how amazing she really is, she'd have taken over the world by now, and she certainly wouldnt want to have anything to do with me! Ha ha.
But seriously folks... I love the sparkle in her eyes, the spring in her step, the brilliance of her mind, and the immense depth of her character. She has got it all, she means the world to me, and I count myself incredibly lucky to have met her. Did I "marry up"? Absolutely! She's first class all the way!
So sweetie, when you read this you are going to be embarrassed and I'm sorry about that, but its all true and today I am sooo thankful for you! -AMB

5 comments:

  1. Hey Marylyn, you are so lucky. Who knew my cousin was such a romantic. Oh and I was meaning to get back, conferences went well this year. I swear it's like, now that I finally put it down on paper, my kids somehow knew and decided to be good. They are all doing well, thanks in part to a little more hard work and a hefty check to Sylvan. But it is worth it for them to feel more successful at school. But here's to the next set of conferences, it's a little nerve wracking when you have 3 class clowns for children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I like your blog idea, we actually started a journal where the kids would write something that they were thankful for every night at dinner, but lately we have been slacking. But this motivated me to pull that out from under the mail pile and get back to it. I really think it helps kids mot be so self involved and appreciate the little things when they have to look back on that day and find something to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.S. So now I've moved to weird lady who needs a hobby, but just wanted to say looks like you guys are having a great time over there. I wish we could move to the land of trees. It would be so nice to have some family around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right about Marylyn...she is an exceptional wife, mother, and don't forget daughter to her parents. We are also grateful for her husband who shows such love and support for her. We love you both!

    ReplyDelete