Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thankful #6

I remembered to ask Annika what she was thankful for today before the day was through. She said, "Gavin ... I am his big sister and we play together." Very sweet. What a mother loves to hear. I know Gavin feels the same way. You should see the way he looks at his sister. His whole face lights up. He really does love her. Andy says he is thankful for friends -- "when in time of need they help out and are happy to do it." Now it's time for me to explain why he said this which is part of my story of gratitude. I am very thankful for a forgiving husband. Tonight, I left to do some enrichment errands. Andy stayed home with the kiddos. No worries, I thought. Gavin will take a bottle and kids will be in bed within an hour after I leave. Well, I came home and realized the diaper bag was in my car, which had the formula in it. The car also had the car seats so no way could he go out to buy some, Annika was asleep anyway. After trying to call my cell phone numerous times (of course I didn't have it. That would make this story dull), Andy called a friend of mine. Lindsy was a saint and went to the store for him and I know it wasn't easy for her because she was getting ready to leave out of town. So, as you can imagine, when I got in the door I was given the look. That's all -- no yelling or silent treatment. That's not Andy. The look rarely occurs so I knew I was in trouble. When Andy told me what happened I felt terrible, absolutely terrible. It was my fault for leaving the diaper bag in the car. Before leaving, I told him the formula was in the bag, but failed to remember the bag was in the car. So, yes, I am VERY grateful to a wonderful, forgiving husband who still gave me kisses, stayed up to listen to me complain about my errands, and helped with Gavin when he woke because he peed out of his diaper... Yes, I know what you are thinking, I definitely married a wonderful man. I fully agree and realize how very lucky I am.

1 comment:

  1. What a patient, loving husband you have been blessed with. This is what Sister Brimhall is teaching us this week in our prep meetings: don't be critical of one another, show kindness; don't be over-baring but show love and understanding; and think "what would the Savior do, say, how would he act."

    ReplyDelete