Monday, March 2, 2009

Gavin is 10 1/2 months!

Gavin is growing up so fast.  I can't believe he will be a year-old in April.  Where does the time go?  He always has a smile on his face.  His latest thing lately is using the walker.  He walks, crashes into an object, I yell "CRASH!", he laughs, and then he falls down in my lap.  We go back and forth in the family room playing this game.  Gavin's other favorite thing to do is the geo trax train.  He has the biggest grin when I start up the train -- all boy.  Another thing that I love is how he self-feeds.  Gavin grabs a fistful of food and shoves it in his face hoping it will get in his mouth.  It doesn't take him long to eat and then he demands for more.  I think he is the most vocal when eating, actually it is kind of annoying because it is a whine the whole time.  It's like he is saying, "HURRY UP!!  MORE!! MORE!!"  I guess his size proves that he loves to eat.
Some have asked about his bronchoscopy and larynoscopy from the other week.  It went well.  the good and bad news is that the doctor couldn't find why he has a constant wheeze.  I say good news because he won't need surgery and bad news is there is no answer.  Actually, the doctor seemed disappointed by the result.  He believed that surgery was going to be the answer.  I am relieved it's not because it would involve opening Gavin's chest.  So, we are hoping this is something he will outgrow in a couple years.  We shall see ...  thanks for all of your concerns and prayers on his behalf. 



3 comments:

  1. Way cute...want to squeeze those cute cheecks. He takes after his Uncle Joe...we could never get the food in his mouth fast enough when he was a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gavin is such a cute boy. Can't wait to meet him one of these days. I hope that we get to meet up this summer. That would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I thought you were describing Steven... He loves his Geo Trax trains and he shoves fistfuls of food in his mouth too lol. Glad to hear all is better...How is # 3 cooking???

    ReplyDelete