Saturday, December 13, 2008

Celebrating the Holiday Season


Today the Christmas Holiday was definitely celebrated.  We started off with Andy's famous crepes for breakfast.  Yum!  Then, we got ready to go to the Nutcracker Ballet.  I have always wanted to go so Annika made sure I got my wish this year.  The Ballet was her Birthday gift to me.  We had such a great time.  Annika was ecstatic.  She of course loved the ballerina in pink.  We then came home and made treats for the church Christmas Party.  At the party, kids reenacted the nativity story, we ate good food, and the kids got to see Santa (I think that was their 8th time to see him this year.  I believe a record.)  As we walked out of the party, it was snowing.  This was Gavin's first snow experience.  He didn't know what to think when Andy put the snow up to his mouth, but he didn't complain.  The snow was just starting to stick so we made a few snowballs in the front yard and threw them at the trees. Then, up to bed to read some Christmas stories.  Kids are asleep now and I am laying on the couch, wrapped in a blanket, feeling the warmth of the fire.  Can't wait to see how much snow will stick by the morning!



3 comments:

  1. Your house looks so pretty! A winter wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marylyn,
    I'm so glad you got to see the Nutcracker ballet!!
    Annika is so beautiful!!
    Love, Khara

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ballet must have been awesome! It looks like you guys are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete