Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Grilling "Incident"

I was so excited for dinner tonight. No matter rain or shine, I was going to try a new recipe on the grill tonight. I was excited because it was so simple and the picture looked good. It reminded me of our girls camp tinfoil dinners we would do with the hamburger patty and potatoes and carrots, but better. Smoked turkey sausage, peppers, carrots, onion, potatoes, fresh herbs, etc. Wrapped them up and I then waited for Andy to get home from a meeting. I waited and waited, but couldn't wait any longer. In my head I thought, "What's the big deal? I don't need to wait for him to start the grill." So, I put up my hood (drizzling rain) and turned on the propane. The light trigger is broken so I had to use a lighter. I didn't think I was too close to the grill, but quickly found out I was. Poof! A ball of fire and the smell of burnt hair, which smells awful by the way. I quickly touched my hair and the "oh, no!" feeling came over me. I went straight for the bathroom mirror and started to laugh. What else was I going to do?? I ran my fingers through my singed hair several times and bits of burnt hair fell in the sink. The flame got my bangs, front sides, and right eyebrow (luckily no other damage). Andy came home and couldn't stop looking, and laughing. I quickly called Stacie, a friend who is a hairdresser, to help me. She saw me that night and did a great job fixing the damage. I wasn't planning on cutting my hair short, but it had to be done. She took 2 inches off, trimmed the eyebrows, and the bangs are short and thinned. I just have to laugh, and be thankful that hair does grow back. It looks great and no one would know ... unless they read this blog. : ) Oh, and by the way, dinner was delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Rolling on the floor laughing!!!! I'm so glad you are ok, but I really, REALLY hope you post photos!!!

    ReplyDelete