Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Very Wise

After swim lessons in the locker room, another little girl in Annika's class was next to her. She noticed Annika's birth mark on her back (it's very noticeable). I just listened to the girls talk about it. Here was their conversation:
Girl: What is that? On your back?
Annika: Oh, it's nothing. Just my birthmark.
Girl: Why do you have it?
Annika: It helps Mommy know it's me.
Girl: Oh! I don't have one of those. .... But that's okay. See my skin? (showed her hand) It's dark and your skin is light. I have dark hair and you have lighter hair. We are different, but the same. See we have the same smile and hands and feet. We are family!
Annika: I know.

I couldn't be happier. I wish the world could see what these two girls saw ... family!

1 comment:

  1. That is sweet. It would be great if everyone saw it like that.

    ReplyDelete