Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend


We were able to take advantage of a friend's condo at Crescent Bar this weekend.  Friday morning we left the cold, rainy Seattle weather and headed to warm, sunny Central Washington.  It was fabulous!  The first picture posted is the scenery from the condo balcony.  On the left side you see nothing but cliffs and water as well.  Beautiful!  We spent time at the lake where Gavin enjoyed eating the sand.  We spent time at the park where Annika swung like a monkey on the bars and jungle gym.  We spent LOTS of time at one of the condo's pools where the kids splashed and loved jumping off the "island".  We spent time eating our meals on the balcony soaking up the sun.  And we spent time at the putt-putt golf where Andy actually got Annika to complete 18 holes in the hot afternoon sun.  It was wonderful to have no phone, computer, or TV distractions.  Just us and we loved every minute of it ... well, except the last night where there were several loud alarms and noises outside to keep us up most of the time, and who can't forget the air-raid alarm at 5:10 a.m.  WHY?  Don't they realize every mother living in the area is trying to enjoy peaceful sleep?
We left Sunday morning to make it back in time for church so Annika could sing on the stage for Mother's Day.  She was so excited and practiced the songs all week and I have to say I was a little sad because all I saw was the top of her head on stage.  There were tall kids standing right in front of her.  But, I did get a personal concert all week so I shouldn't complain too much.  Mother's Day, or should I say weekend, was absolutely wonderful.  I loved getting away and being together as a family.  I think this should be a tradition for every Mother's Day.

The condo where we stayed was right up close to those cliffs you see in the background.

Annika kept saying, "Look at me!" and was excited to have climbed just 1 foot off the ground.  I guess to a 3 year old that is pretty high.  It's all about perspective.  She did eventually get to the top.

Don't you love that Buddha Belly?  And those cheeks?  I love it!  I think I need to buy him a new swim shirt.

I am a lucky Mommy.  What a blessing these kids are.

1 comment: