Saturday, May 28, 2011

Gavin's health update

Gavin has the worst luck with his health. I am hoping because he gets sick so often and has random, unheard of problems, he will be very healthy as an adult. Right now we are dealing with HSP. Don't ask what it stands for. I can't even spell it let alone say it. He was diagnosed on Thursday by the doctor after I noticed a red rash all over his body. Gavin had to do a blood test and urine sample which both confirmed HSP. RIght now he is dealing with the rash, joint pain, abdominal pain and vomiting. HSP is not very common and doctors don't understand it completely, nor is there a treatment. So we schedule routine check-ups to see the doctor and hopefully this will pass soon.

The last few days have been primarily relaxing at home. We did go see Kung Fu Panda 2 last night as a family. I, however, spent majority of the time chasing Ava outside the theater (she loved it). Today Gavin and I spent a lot of quality time together playing games, reading, doing puzzles, play-do, etc. He is a great kid and I hate to see him sick like this. He is a wonderful blessing in my life. I am one lucky mama to have 3 wonderful kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment