Sunday, August 2, 2009

Strawberry Jam Pixies

I had a huge upset when we returned from our vacation last week -- ALL of my freezer food went bad. I went through a cycle of emotions -- disbelief, denial, anger, sadness, anger, sadness, and then acceptance. It was just too sad for me so my mother-in-law was grateful enough to volunteer and clean it up. The saddest part of all of this is my freezer jam. I had 15 jars and all gone. I never got to enjoy even one of them. That's what really depressed me. I shared my catastrophe with my dear friend, Tana, who shared my sadness and word spread.

We have received several acts of kindness this week. Tana and other dear friends dropped off strawberry freezer jam that they made. Some friends knocked and gave a hug and other friends left it on my doorstep. You may think it is such a simple, easy, no big thing, but my family and I are very grateful. So, thank you to all of you. My freezer is up and running and is getting filled again! Of course I have been checking my freezer a couple times a day. I am a little paranoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment